Powered By Blogger

Friday, January 13, 2012

In The Valley - Final Chapter

"I worked night and day to find a cure to this strange illness that has infected my people", Priya says. She communed with the earth and the trees seeking the assistance of the Great One.  "Many of the potions I tried did not help much.  Others were too strong and caused many undesirable changes such as loss of hair, appetite, loss of sensation in the hands and feet. Still, I could not give up.  It is my responsibility to heal them", lamented Priya. So she continued to try different ingredients and concoctions with limited success.

 One day, a hunter-gather came to Guardian Priya with a beautiful plant.  He said that he had been led to it by the Great One and knew that he should bring it to her.  Accepting the plant, she thanked him and began to inspect it.  It had dark, green thick leaves and lovely white, delicate flowers. Priya took one of leaves to her work bench and carefully cut it open with a very sharp knife.  A clear fluid flowed from it.  At first, Priya thought it was water but the consistency was different. She took several of the leaves, extracted the fluid and developed a new powerful potion.

 After several modifications, Guardian Priya tried the potion on the those that had recently fallen ill.  Soon the potion proved successful.  Priya began to administer it to the all the infected.   Eventually, our people were rid  of this devastating Capote disease.  My people's aura were restored to normal.  Guardian Priya is a legend among our people.  She will be remembered for all time.

 It was also discovered that the potion could be used to coat the weapons.  Our warriors armed themselves with specially the coated weapons and attacked the remaining Capote.  Quickly defeating them.  The Capote were wiped from our lands and none have ever returned.

 " Guardian Gemira", I asked, "what is this potion called?, Does it still exist?".  Gemira smiled and said, "I have already given the Priya elixir to you as you slept".

 "Do you think it will heal me?", I asked.

"That is up to the Great One, but have faith.  If your heart is true, The Great One will heal you."
"Thank You, Guardian Gemira.  You have been very kind.", I say.  "You remind me of my grandmother. "

 I awoke from this dream feeling at peace and full of hope.  I resolved to walk through this valley with positive faith.  I continued my treatments trusting in God.  I faced each day with joy, hope, and faith.  I endured each test, needle stick, probe, and operation knowing that the God I serve is able to see me through.  Of course, I would rather not be sick but if I must be then I will not allow my illness to defeat me.  I am resolved that whatever God has for me, I will not be alone.

  Through this journey, I have learned that I control nothing but my attitude.  If I look forward I will not stumble because I can see the path before me.  If I keep trusting in God, my faith will be a comforting blanket against the cold winds of illness.  I am a living testimony.  Thank You God

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments here: