Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

In The Valley - Part 5

Scrambling over the rocks, the path starts to incline steeply.  I hear those awful creatures coming for me.  I will not give up.  Up ahead the path narrows, maybe if I can get there, I can block it somehow.  Its so eerily quiet except for the hissing creatures.  The sun has gone down.  There are dark shadows along the passage walls and grounds.

 Almost reaching the point where the path narrows, a sudden searing pain lashes across my chest, "Awwwwww!!!"   I look down to see blood pouring down.  I can hardly breathe and each breath is agony. White hot fire seems to be  piercing my body.  I can barely draw a breath.  I don't know if I can make it through the pass.  My legs feel like they are encased in cement and my eyes are so heavy.  I just want to lay down.  I want to rest.  Oh God, help me.

 Suddenly there are hands on me.  Gentle hands, lifting me.  Voices tell me that I am safe... Everything turns black.  Some time later, I awake to find myself lying in a soft bed inside a rustic wooden cabin. There is an old grey-haired lady sitting by a fireplace.  "where am I ? What happened?"  My wounds are bound tightly and the pain is much less than before.

"We found you at the pass and brought you here.  My name is Gemira.  I am one of the Guardians of this place.  You have nothing to fear here.  Rest and be well."

  "Guardian, of what, why?" I ask.

Gemira began to tell of the history of the Guardians.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments here: