Powered By Blogger

Sunday, July 31, 2011

In the Valley - Part 2

Feeling around the rock face, my fingers touch a thick vine running down the rock.  Using only my fingers, I pry it away from the rock.  As I test it to see if it will hold me, the sound of rock rolling against rock reaches me. I start to pull myself up the vine, the shifters are getting closer. 

  There is no time for fear of heights now. As I begin to pull myself up, something grabs at my foot.  Instinctively, I kick out and connect with something rubbery and solid.  The impact radiates up my leg.  "Climb now!"  There's that voice again.  I have to admit that is good advice so I redouble my efforts and begin to move faster.  Climbing higher and higher, until I reach the ledge.  I pull myself onto the shelf of the cave like depression.
  
There is a sliver of light shining from deep inside the cave.  I grab a sharp sliver of rock and cut the vine loose.  I feel weight on the vine.  Those shifters are climbing up.   As the vine severs, the "SPLAT" of the shifter hitting the rocks echo in the darkness.

 For now I feel safe.  I lay back to rest a moment and get my bearings.  "Get Up, follow the light".  Its that voice again.  I feel comforted by that voice.  Maybe because I feel that I am not alone.  Maybe because the voice seems to care for me.  Regardless, I listen and obey.  I begin to walk toward the light.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments here: