Powered By Blogger

Sunday, August 28, 2011

In The Valley - Part 4

    With renewed strength, I began to journey further into the valley.  There is bright light shining just over the horizon that I am determined to reach.  Reaching the end of the meadow, the ground begins to turn rocky and dusty.  Part of me wants to stay in the meadow, but I know that I must keep moving.

   Waking up in my home,  I feel rested and content.  My family is there watching me.  "Are you hungry?"  I say yes even though I am not really but it will make them worry less if I eat.  Moving around to the kitchen table, I accidentally pull my drain.  The pain is so sharp and immediate that I holler before I can stop myself.  I close my eyes as tears roll.  Taking a deep breath I settle myself and look into worried eyes and say "I'm OK now."

  Later that night, I close my eyes to rest.  The creatures are back, scrambling over the rocks as they try to reach me.  One of them leaps onto my shoulder, its razor sharp claws digging into my flesh.  I stifle a scream as I grab its scrawny, slick neck and fling it against the rocks.  It splatters open and gives off a hideous odor.  I run as quickly as I can.  More are chasing me as blood drips from my wounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments here: